Monday, October 22, 2012

Review Mac Mineralize Skinfinish - Soft and Gentle



 


I bought this skinfinish quite a while ago and only now have I fallen in love with it. I will admit, I bought this product when I knew very little about makeup and I thought it was a face powder. When I received it, I realized it is extremely shimmery and is definitely not a fave powder. At first I didnt know what to do with it, but now, with more makeup knowledge, I love this product.

Packaging: Now packaging is something that I feel is both important, yet irrelevant at the same time. I dont personally think it matters what the packaging looks like, since I want the product to be good, not the outside. However, I want packaging that is sturdy and isnt going to brake, so for me that factor is important. For this product, I feel as though the packaging is extremely sturdy and I don't feel like it is going to brake. I also love how simple and clean Mac packaging is; I feel like it looks extremely professional.






















Uses: This particular product has so many different uses. The most famous use for this product is to highlight the face. To highlight, this product can be used on the cheek bones, nose, cupids bow and chin. Another great use for this product is to highlight the eyes. Using this on the brow bone and inner part of the eye, really looks beautiful. I also like using this product as an eyeshadow since it is a beautiful shimmer champagne-ish color. Finally, I like using this product on the inner parts of my lips to create more depth to my lips.

The Product Itself: So the actual product is mostly positive. Firstly, this product is super pigmented, but still looks natural. The texture of this product is just really nice. I can't quite explain it, however its not cakey or powdering; which is great. I feel as though when you apply this skinfinish, it goes on super nice, but can sometime not blend as much as I like; however I feel like its not big deal, since I dont want the product blended too much since its shimmery. I also feel as though this product stays a long time, which is awesome.





Applying: I have applied this product a few ways and feel like your fingers is the best. When I use an angled brush, I feel like not enough products get delivered. With a fan brush, I feel like not enough get delivered, how I do love using this method since it blends well and doesnt go everywhere. Finally I feel like fingers just apply a nice amount, but I do have to go in with a face brush to blend it a bit more.

Cost: Mac Australia = $47
          Mac USA = $29

Overall: I think this product is great, however I don't think you need it however. I feel like a light eyeshadow or a cheaper product could do the same. However, I do love this product and I really want to buy some of their mineralize skinfinish in blush colors, just since I love this one. I am not a huge lighting kind of person, however I do recommend this product. 

Disclaimer: I bought all products with my own money. I am not affiliated with Mac and they have no idea who I am.



Instagram: pebblesgirl11


No comments:

Post a Comment